Keep Beds Bugs and Mites Away with UV Sanitizing Wand – Portable Review
No matter how clean we are we get exposed to bed bugs and mites, bacteria, viruses and allergens and though we cannot get as rid of bed mites and dust mites completely we can eliminate bed bugs and their eggs infestation by controlling and killing of the bed bug cycles as they come around, with a success rate of 99.9% according to the manufacturers of the Verilux Sanitizing Wand. I was fascinated with this and had to find more, I am a bit of a clean freak, but you don’t have to be a clean freak to want to get rid of bed bug and dust mite infestation, no one want to deal with the problems of allergens that keep growing. And not only at home what about when we travel and stay in hotels or other people homes; they may not be as diligent as we are and we want to get rid of mites in the bed wherever we sleep, so how can we get rid of bed mites, or allergens? We can’t exactly take off the bedding and use the laundry facilities to get dust mites and bed bugs gone quickly and easily.
In my search for a way to rid the mites and allergens I found 3 models to remove bed bugs, mites and allergens and did a quick review I hope you will find helpful. I also found so many other uses for these items, cleaning bathrooms, keyboards, phones, baby toys, and the list goes on. So check out my review and see what I have found.
Pros: CleanWave Sanitizing Wand at a Glance:
- The CleanWave Sanitizing Wand emits UV-C light* that has lethal effects on germs and bacteria by destroying the DNA of odor-causing and allergy-inducing microorganisms.
- Thirty times faster than standard sprays and wipes***, this sanitizer virtually eliminates unwanted bacteria, including E. coli, H1N1, MRSA and bed bug, dust mites and flea eggs just minutes after use.
- Eliminates 99.9% of germs, viruses, bacteria, allergens, and flea and dust mite eggs
- Deodorizes upholstery, carpets, and fabrics, toilet and bathroom, mattresses, quick and easy to use, takes just a few minutes and much easier than using messy sprays and clothes
- Emits UV-C light, so no chemicals or toxic sprays to worry about
- Has a timer for added safety
- Safety on-off switch
- Portable, can pack and take when you travel
- One year limited warrantee
- Mid price range, retails approx under $70
- In the box: CleanWave Sanitizing Wand, rechargeable battery, AC adapter/battery charger, protective case and instructions
Cons: Not too many negatives against a home ultra violet sanitizer in this price range, but always be sure of safety due to the power of UV-C light, keep away from eyes, children and pets, as with all ultra violet lighting this is a factor but this is why it works too, and without the chemicals. It is not for extra large spaces, but nor is it advertised for this use, it is great for smaller spaces and items, while a larger ultra violet light sanitizer will cover larger items such as mattresses and furniture quicker and easier.
Directions for Use
make sure you fully charge batteries before using the sanitizing wand, turn unit on, hold wand approx. 6 inches above area to be sanitized and slowly move the wand over the surface, on average allow light to stay on each surface for 15-20 seconds. Check the manual for additional instructions, but these are the basics, neat and simple.
Overall Review: I think it is a great sanitizing wand, mid price range, I like the fact it is portable and has incredible reviews from other users of this sanitizer.
Four Stars from me.